04 September 2005




David just keeps getting better with the bottle. We forgot to bring another set of bottle/nipples this morning, but he did well last night anyway. He took 50 mls, then 60mls, then 70 mls on four hour intervals! That's a very good sign.
I did something all parents do, and it still bugs me. I was trimming his nails, and....do you know where I'm going with this? Yes, I clipped his skin and made him bleed. What kind of dad am I gonna be!?!? Argh! And the best part was having to swallow my pride and tell the nurse, so she wouldn't freak out if she came over to look at David and found a bunch of blood everywhere. 'Cause you know those kind of cuts take forever to stop bleeding. Well, I guess it's out of the way now, so I'll be extra careful for the rest of my life.
We've attached a couple of pictures of him as he was sleeping, then waking up. And one which is pretty obvious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John I love being able to see and hear about how well David is doing every day. Thank you for making time to do this to keep us all up to date on his improvements. Of course this picture with my sissy kissing his head brought tears to my eyes. I should be there and wish I was. God bless you all.
De Dee

Anonymous said...

I agree with Dee Dee. This photo with Julie and David is beautiful! So much love captured by the camera!!

I'm really glad David is doing better. It will be great to get him home and get yourselves into more of a routine. Let us know if we can help with anything!

Auntie Joani and Uncle Matt